Did that picture grab your attention? Isn’t it interesting how when you see something day after day, that you become used to it and it doesn’t seem as messy as it is? I am embarrassed that my pantry looked like that. Ugh!
The good news is that it does not anymore. Using my friend, Kristi Ohmdahl’s KO Method, I transformed my space into something wonderful. All I need now are the basket labels and we will be good to go. Of course, Kristi would have likely taken it up a notch further (and she can for you!) however my family and I are pretty pleased with what I accomplished in five hours. Oh, and did I mention that I bought everything at TJ Maxx? Yep, everything! Check out the transformation real time:
So, how did I do it? If you have not read the article on my closet makeover, do it now.
- Consult – I evaluated what I had (baskets and a couple of clear bins) and what I thought I would need: can shelves, lazy susans, storage containers, etc.) I honestly could not believe I was able to find everything at two TJ Maxx Stores.
- Distill – I pulled everything out and Eva helped me go through the food for expired items as well as things we never use/don’t need anymore.
- Clean – Wiped down all of the shelves bare.
- Remove- I sorted through the items into trash, recycle and donations. Then, set everything out of the way.
- Organize – this is where my novice skills came into play. I did not quite have the skills to do it as Kristi did so I basically winged it as I went.
- Reveal – What do you think? I couldn’t be more thrilled with end product!!