It’s a New Year and a New Love, Glitter Girl (L,GG)!
First, this post was supposed to go out last week. But, I just couldn’t. First, the letdown of going back into the swing got me for a day. And, then, well we all know what happened next. It was a day that our grandchildren will likely learn about in the history of our country. It just did not feel right. As a matter of fact, I beat myself up for a few hours for posting about the Anthropologie sale on my Stories. How could I possibly post about goodies when people all over the country including myself were sad. No matter your political affiliation, emotions are high and people are fearful. I have had the weekend to process and I so hope that we can begin to heal and talk and look for common ground.
Now, about Love, Glitter Girl (L,GG). I am going straight to the truth and be vulnerable. It is two years later and I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Why? I am basically where I was two years ago feeling the same passion and energy I had then. I was so excited! And, then Spring Break rolled around and kerplunk – I lost steam. May, 2019 was my last post.
Why? It was so damn HARD and time consuming. Gaining only 1-2 new Insta followers a week and a few cents from click throughs was just damn discouraging. There were all these great bloggers with their links, their swipe-ups, their never-ending energy, and I just gave up. I wanted too much, too soon. Instead of enjoying the journey, I was stuck on the destination….rigidity…details…..the things that did not really matter but to me, defined success.
So, here I am…a little wiser, a little less competitive and a lot more humble ready to give a it another go. Here is where we are headed:
- Blog posts which are targeted to be short and sweet – a quick read or if a video, never over ten minutes in length.
- Glamour (Style & Fashion – Adorning ourselves): I am not that enthusiastic about just sharing pics of clothes (and me in them) everyday 🙂 Therefore, Glamour is born. 2-3 times per month, I will share something around style and fashion on the blog and social media. The rest of the time, I will point you to the countless other women who do this extremely well.
- Grace (Looking & Feeling Good on the inside and outside): It’s the cliche but it’s true. Nothing is more important than our physical, mental and emotional health as we age gracefully.
- Guts (The Tough Stuff that no one wants to talk about out loud): Menopause, Anxiety, Empty Nesting, Re-entering the Career Field, Intimacy, etc.
- Goodness (The Sweet, Fun Stuff): traveling, cooking, reading, entertainment, eating, etc.
- Gift Guides: Bringing you what is out there for all of your holiday gift giving in the Denver community and online.
So, are you with me? I promise to strive for value in every, single post. Have an idea or something you wish to discuss or know more about? Leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail to email@example.com.